<VV> Radley Chevrolet Show

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Mon Oct 5 13:14:19 EDT 2009

Hi folks,

A follow up to Bill's note - I went to the show at Radley, they were
terrific hosts as Ray Davis already reported.  We not only got six
Corvairs in the showroom, but we also got the parking spaces right out
front for the folks that brought a Corvair down for the day, I think
we had ten very pretty Corvairs by the time the day was over.  A few
prospective members stopped by as well and talked to the club officers
about the local clubs and CORSA - Central had Communiques and flyers
to give out.  On top of that, the weather was just perfect.

Frank already let the cat out of the bag, but the highlight of my day
came in the afternoon.  Allen asked if I was staying for the whole day
- I hadn't really planned on it either way.  So he says "Can you drive
the Stinger back home for me?"

Well, now, I guess I'm staying :-)

Of course, all three of us "Transporters" all thought the same thing
at one point or another - "Don't crash!" - but the drive back went
just great.  The Stinger behaved well in traffic, but I'll tell you,
every time I had a little room there was little doubt why it's called
the loud pedal!  A couple pulled up alongside at one light and asked
what it was and told me how much they liked it.

Thanks again to Ray Davis and the Central Virginia Corvair Club for
setting up the event, and Allen Bristow for a great ride!  I've
attached a couple photos below.

--Bryan