<VV> elusive timing mark

Barry Gershenfeld gbarry42 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 15:33:32 EDT 2009

It matters which plug wire you put the clamp over :)

>My valve adjustments were way off.. they were all clattering like crazy.
>  Before starting on the valve adjustments I wanted to set the timing real
> quick....

If you set them per the shop manual they should become quiet but it can take
as long as 30 minutes to get the lifters full of oil.  If you plan to adjust
them the "after market" way, again, give them lots of time first, or else
you risk adjusting them too tight.  And too tight means burned valves,
while too loose just means lots of noise.

Congrats on the running engine!