<VV> Two questions

Arend Huisman arendhuismus at xs4all.nl
Mon Oct 5 17:37:28 EDT 2009

Hi Guys,

1.       My friend Robbert has driven his "new" Corvair for about 50
(illegal-no title) miles, before taking it apart to restore it.

His engine runs a lot smoother than mine and according to him it's because
of his regular points in the distributor and my Petronix ignition.

We'll find it out by trying, but I wonder what you guys think about it.

2.       How many oil goes in the gearbox and differential? Because the shop
manual gives the same amounts for both, I assumed that was the total amount
but I have reasonable doubts.

Please fill me in on this one.

Car is a '64 vert with 64 engine, 64 differential and 63 or pre-63 gearbox
(12-spline-axle)

Arend Huisman