<VV> Rough idle

Tony Underwood tony.underwood at cox.net
Tue Oct 6 00:00:40 EDT 2009

At 01:03 PM 10/4/2009, Stephen Upham wrote:

>Solution: take the carb apart.  I know I have to do this if the
>problem keeps occurring, but I really don't want to open up a newly
>rebuilt carb unless I absolutely have to.  I'm such a rookie,
>although I got plenty of practice doing this a year ago last summer,
>my potential for making things worse is very high.

Or:

Gag the carb hard a 2nd time or three, suck it out bigtime, re-adjust
idle mixture, and go on down the road.   If the particle gets sucked
out of the carb and down the intake port, your idle troubles are
over.   Even if it didn't, and it eventually manages to find its way
back into a passage again, you've still lost nothing and in the
meantime the engines runs.

If you did manage to clear the carb's problem with the suck and gag
method, call it a good day... and yes if the suck and gag trick cured
the problem, it's likely the particle has gone out the tail pipe by now.

Don't forget to readjust the idle mixture screws, both carbs...

tony..