<VV> Vairs in the Valley report

John Gull johngull at bellsouth.net
Tue Oct 6 07:10:46 EDT 2009

Hey all you 50th party animals! We had great weather for our Vairs in the
valley show this past weekend. Total of 60 cars registered with many more
showing up on Saturday. Friday started with 35 cars in a .parade thru Maggie
Valley followed by an unveiling of "Clover" a beautiful 1960  with Toni in a
Poodle skirt as our model during this event. Then we fed burgers and hot
dogs to 160 Corvair people from 8 states followed by 2 large 50th birthday
cakes. Then it was on to valve cover races thanks to Jerry Brown and his
track. Afterwards the party resumed at the firepit next to the river where
everyone shared old Corvair stories under a full Moonlit night. Saturday was
a sunny day for the show which featured 4 - 1960's models,2-kit cars with
Corvair power,and many other great cars. We gave awards to all 60's cars of
which one was driven from Ohio. We were lucky enough to have the "Lost
Cause" car also! Sunday was another great day for 18 Corvairs to take a 35
mile drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway nearby. Many thanks to all who brought
there cars to make this event happen.  Looking forward to the 60th  John

John Gull

PO box 16074

Asheville, NC 28816

828-712-7902