<VV> engine room cleaning? (NOT degreaser)

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Wed Oct 7 15:22:07 EDT 2009

In a message dated 10/7/2009 12:18:33 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
HallGrenn at aol.com writes:

Ray,

I use a quality car wash solution.  Garden pump up  sprayer full of car
wash solution (I use No 7--used to be Dupont now  something else--in the
silver
can or another mild car wash product)  to spray on the engine compartment
then follow up with clean water  in the same pump up sprayer to rinse.
This
is low pressure  cleaner so you may have a few spots to touch up.  The most

important part is that this is a gentle cleaning that will not leave spots
or  damage sound paint and electrical connections (you may have to  dry up
few  places).

My youngest son just used this process  to clean his first car--a Chevy
Cobalt--with 60K.  The engine  compartment came out looking display room
fresh.

Bob  Hall

Also, if you finish up with soft water, it is less likely to leave  spots.
- Seth

Seth Emerson

C's the Day! -  Corvair, Camaro, Corvette