<VV> engine room cleaning? (NOT degreaser)

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Wed Oct 7 15:17:49 EDT 2009

Ray,

I use a quality car wash solution.  Garden pump up sprayer full of car
wash solution (I use No 7--used to be Dupont now something else--in the silver
can or another mild car wash product) to spray on the engine compartment
then follow up with clean water in the same pump up sprayer to rinse.  This
is low pressure cleaner so you may have a few spots to touch up.  The most
important part is that this is a gentle cleaning that will not leave spots
or  damage sound paint and electrical connections (you may have to dry up a
few  places).

My youngest son just used this process to clean his first car--a Chevy
Cobalt--with 60K.  The engine compartment came out looking display room  fresh.

Bob Hall