<VV> About DMM

BBRT chsadek at comcast.net
Thu Oct 8 16:29:59 EDT 2009

Smitty speaks the truth, but only part of it.  Donna Mae was a Bohunk, of
Czech descent. Her Father worked in the steel mills and was called "Hunky".
She lost most of her memorabilia many years ago, but not her memory or
ability to tell racing stories about not only Don Yenko but of other racers
and events.  At the Clubhouse in the evening, at the Gold Cup at VIR, she
had guys sitting, standing, and kneeling next to her table asking questions
and listening to her tales.  She told me one about one of her races at
Sebring, with two other women in the race, "they" red flagged the race. So
the "girls" got out and started shooting the breeze. When called into the
pits, they had exchanged cars... to their delight and pit crew's confusion.
She was an absolute delight.

Chuck Sadek
BohunkBrosRacingTeam