<VV> Car running lean - advice appreciated (Was 828 miles)

Guus de Haan guusdehaan at me.com
Fri Oct 9 13:31:22 EDT 2009

Op 9 okt 2009, om 18:14 heeft BobHelt at aol.com het volgende geschreven:

> Hi...
> Just a thought. On the 140 and 180 hp engines, the overheat sensor
> was set
> at about 575 deg F. Other engines got a 450 deg sensor. It is
> possible that
> somehow your engine might have the lower temp sensor
> installed,possibly by
> a  previous owner.
> Regards,
> Bob Helt

Hi Bob,

Good point, this could very well be the case as my engine has had been
rebuilt at least once. I'll check the temperature again the next I
test the car. This one  is separate from the thermistor sending to the
dash gauge if I'm correct? I believe there's another one in the old
(pre-64) engine block that I still have. If that's the case I could
probably try that one.

Regards,

Guus

Guus de Haan