<VV> Car running lean - advice appreciated (Was 828 miles)

Dave Thompson dave.thompson at verizon.net
Fri Oct 9 16:28:06 EDT 2009

Bob,
Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm sure that you know.
Don't the 140, 150 and 180 heads have fine thread for the thermal switch?
The same thread as the thermister. The "others" have course thread. In order
to put the "wrong" sensor in a head requires either an adaptor, rethread or
cross thread (Yuck!). AM I correct?
It seems that in most cases, if the "wrong" sensor was installed, Guus would
be able to see an adaptor between the thermal sensor and the head when the
lower shrouds are removed.

What are your thoughts?

Dave Thompson