<VV> Torque Spec for Camaro lug nuts

Robert Marlow Vairtec at optonline.net
Fri Oct 9 14:49:59 EDT 2009

In my local club is a member who uses a torque wrench for EVERYTHING.  I
think he puts the cap back on his toothpaste using a torque wrench.  I,
on the other hand, never use a torque wrench.

For lug nuts, I put them on and tighten them.  Haven't had a wheel fall
off yet.  Haven't had a lug nut work loose, either.

More important to me than torque is age of parts.  For peace of mind I
have put new wheel studs in three of my four Corvairs... the Rampside is
next.

--Bob