<VV> GM's Corvair keys; Was: Fiction or...

DTerry8123 at aol.com DTerry8123 at aol.com
Mon Oct 12 20:54:25 EDT 2009

I thought all Chevrolets of that era used the single key system, at  least
through 1963.
Dan Terry
65 Corsa coupe
Corvair Atlanta director

In a message dated 10/12/2009 3:28:56 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
Wrsssatty at aol.com writes:

While  we're on the subject, wasn't the script on the key for the early
Corvair different than on other GM keys since there was only one key for
every
lock on the car?  If I recall correctly, I believe there  were two  lines
of
writing on the key appearing concentrically that  appeared  separately on
other GM cars, one line being on the  door/ignition key and the  other on
the
glove box/trunk key of  non-Corvairs.  These were combined on  the one
Corvair
key for  the early models.  Am I right?

~Bill  Stanley
the property
of  the writer, please attribute properly. For help,
mailto:vv-help at corvair.org
http://www.corvair.org/
Post messages to:  VirtualVairs at corvair.org
Change your options: