<VV> Fiction or...

Dave Keillor dkeillor at tconcepts.com
Wed Oct 14 14:37:32 EDT 2009

I'm sure you're correct.  As an engineer myself (EE), I can tell you
that the prudent engineer studies the designs of those who have gone
before.  (An old engineering saying is that, "The pioneers are the ones
with the arrows in their backs.")

Remember, though, that the VW and Porsche engines of the time were 4
cylinders.  Getting the center cylinders to cool properly in a 6
cylinder, air cooled, boxer design is not trivial.  I've been told by
reliable sources that Porsche used the Corvair engine as a "reference"
in the design of their six.

Dave Keillor