<VV> more Fact-ion ...

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Fri Oct 16 15:00:11 EDT 2009

In a message dated 10/16/2009 11:16:16 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
lechevrier at earthlink.net writes:

>And,  outside of racing cars, Porsche production engines didn't hit 180 HP
until  1970...

>And, as we all know, those advertised figures  didn't mean squat.

>when the first 911s appeared, a Monza Spyder or  a Corsa turbo was
quicker...

>On a road  course?

>...which btw, did not match the Corvair engine size (2.7  liter) until
1972...

Did they need to?  Who says?  And  what were the weight differences?

Bill Strickland
356  owner

Bill - You sound a little defensive! <grin>

As far as "quicker" - that means acceleration. As long as you didn't need
to turn or brake. . . . . .

And his last statement was a fact, not an opinion. (Porsche has  been
increasing the size of that motor ever since 1972 - evidently Porsche  thinks
that they "need to"). I think it is up to 3.8L now, maybe bigger.

Seth  Emerson

C's the Day! - Corvair, Camaro,  Corvette