<VV> Carb break down and diagnosis

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Sun Oct 18 11:20:05 EDT 2009

In a message dated 10/17/2009 11:34:45 P.M. US Mountain Standard Tim,
contactsmu at sbcglobal.net writes:

As far  as the idle
circuit is concerned, light will pass though the idle  circuit tube.
When I tried to pass a telephone wire though the  tube, it went all of
the way up to the last 1/32" and no  farther.  When I tried to pass
the wire the opposite direction  though the small opening of the tube,
again, it stops at  1/32".  I tried to use needle nose pliers to force
the wire  though the tube by holding the wire at about 1/32" to the
end, and  "drill" (by turning the venturi cluster while holding onto
the wire  with the pliers) to no avail.

Now what?

Stephan,
I believe that you are encountering the idle jet constriction, intended to
be there. Try a smaller wire. The jet restriction is about 0.030" in diam.
How  big is a telephone wire?
Regards,
Bob Helt