<VV> Plugged idle tubes

Mikeamauro at aol.com Mikeamauro at aol.com
Sun Oct 18 12:46:27 EDT 2009

Re: "...Grant,...I wonder if using "Marine Formula" STA-BIL would be
helpful.  This stuff is sold in boating areas since marine engines seem
especially susceptible to the ethanol present in today's gasoline.  It's  bottle
says "extra corrosion protection and fuel system cleaning"...Frank  "prefers
dry land" Burkhard"..."

Frank, you're are onto something: I have been using the STA-BIL  "Marine
Formula," since it came out about a year ago, in all my Corvairs and my
outboard motor. Previously, I was using the standard STA-BIL product, but
occasionally still found the need to "blast" out the idle circuits  with carb
cleaner and compressed air. Since switching to the STA-BIL  "Marine Formula"
product (using 2-ounces to a tankful of fuel) I've not had to  "blast" the
circuits, and have had no idle circuit difficulties. I  purchase the STA-BIL
"Marine Formula" at Walmart for about $19/qt.  Starbrite also makes a fuel
system treatment purportedly effective against  ethanol woes, but I've not yet
seen it in the stores near me. _http://www.starbrite.com/index.html_
(http://www.starbrite.com/index.html)  .

Mike Mauro