<VV> Trunk leak

gswiatowy at rochester.rr.com gswiatowy at rochester.rr.com
Wed Oct 21 07:49:44 EDT 2009

Hate to say it, but no matter how well they look to be sealed, the
headlight buckets rot around the edges and that sealer dries out.
pulled many apart I thought would be good for spares only to find them not
worth saving.
Also, if the grille bar has been removed and replaced, there is supposed to
be body calk around all the studs, this can dry out as well.

Gary Swiatowy

From: "Ray Rodriguez III" <grymm at echoes.net>
Subject: <VV> mystery trunk leak

Howdy folks,

     My 66 Corsa seems to be getting water in the trunk when driven in the
rain.  I'm not certain (because it is generally garaged) but I dont think
it gets wet in the trunk when parked in the rain.. dont quote me on that.

     The trunk perimiter weatherstrip is near new, the headlight buckets
seem well sealed....   where is the water most likely coming from?  Is
there any miracle method for tracking it down?  Unfortunately the trunk was
full of stuff when it got wet, so it wasnt possible to make any accurate
observations about where there was water and where there wasnt..  but I do
suspect the leak is toward the front and nearer the top of the trunk...
really would suspect headlight buckets but there is no visible sign of
trouble.

Ray Rodrigez III
Corsa member
66' Corsa 140/4 coupe (bored out, ported, and a 280 Isky cam)
65' Corsa 140/4 coupe (under construction)