<VV> help! Charging system dead!

Ray Rodriguez III grymm at echoes.net
Wed Oct 21 18:10:38 EDT 2009

I just picked up my Corvair from my mechanic....  the battery was too low to crank the engine (due to having the dome light on with the door open for hours)... so he grabbed the jumper pack....  in his hurry he hooked it up backwards  (don't judge him, my car can fool you at a glance) and shorted out the electrical system...  now my gen light is on and the car isnt charging at all.

Where is the problem?  Is it IN the alternator or the voltage regulator?  Its the 66' Corsa 140 and it has the newer electronic replacement type regulator with the riveted cover.

Thanks!

Ray Rodriguez III