<VV> Helicoil or Time Sert?

corvairduval at cox.net corvairduval at cox.net
Wed Oct 21 17:08:36 EDT 2009

My rule is: if a steel bolt threads into aluminum, it gets a coating of
never-seize.

Therefore oil pan bolts get never-seize.

Of course I worked on these since they were everyday drivers and oil pans
rusted through from the outside here in salt weather. So never-seize helped
keep the fasteners from seizing in the aluminum.

Remember, the never-seize pamphlet showed using it to keep the Corvair
aluminum bellhousing from corroding against the iron differential.

Frank DuVal