<VV> Oil and Oil filters

Eric S. Eberhard flash at vicsmba.com
Mon Oct 26 17:38:21 EDT 2009

I use the Mobil 1 15-50 as well.  It has very high zinc and related
content, it is recommended for engine break-in as well as normal use,
it is a full synthetic, and should work well from zero to 120
which,  believe it or not, is my temp range in a year.  We have 50
degree swings in a day (actually that is common place).  I have had
very good luck using it in Corvairs, gas and diesel tractors, diesel
trucks, whatever.  I have some 245k mile cars, several over 120k,
etc.  It probably is not ideal in all situations, but it is excellent
and it makes my life easy stocking one kind of oil, one I can get at
the auto parts stores or in Mobil gas stations.  The NOS AC Delco
filters work fine, just check their condition -- but if you don't
care about looks then a modern filter is better.  Clark's sells one
of the correct color that is modern.  E

This email sent by:

Eric S. Eberhard
(928) 567-3727          Voice
(928) 567-6122          Fax
(928) 301-7537                           Cell

For Metropolis support and VICS MBA Support!!!!    http://www.vicsmba.com

Fun personal pictures:  Includes horses, dogs, Corvairs, and
more.  http://www.vicsmba.com/ourpics/index.html

Tesla Motors builds electric sports cars.  Founded by my brother
Martin.  http://www.teslamotors.com

This is where we go on vacation every year -- come join
us!  http://www.sprucedaleranch.com