<VV> 1964 Hardtop

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Tue Oct 27 00:29:17 EDT 2009

In a message dated 10/26/2009 9:06:49 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
tkalp at cox.net writes:

I agree  the photos are great.  Anyone have more information/photos on
the Red  EM "hardtop" lots of neat, subtle custom touches on that  one.

I spent a few minutes with the owner - getting the tour of the car. It took
 an unbelievable amount of work to do the hardtop conversion, and it isn't
quite  finished as yet. Some piece parts were sourced from a Chevy II
hardtop, and  the side windows are custom cut and heat treated. Lot of sheet-metal
work and  welding-in of pieces. In some ways the "hardtop" work gives the
airy impression  of the 61-62 "bubbletop" big cars. He also has a complete
late model  suspension installed underneath and, as you mentioned, lots of
custom touches,  such as front turn signals and custom headlight frames. I
don't think it will be  too long before it is finished. The guy is a real
craftsman and the body/paint  work is excellent.

Seth  Emerson

C's the Day! - Corvair, Camaro,  Corvette