<VV> oil filters

Geoffrey Stozek gjjs at att.net
Tue Oct 27 12:21:34 EDT 2009

VV members have been consistent on bashing Fram and praising WIX.   Is there any test data from a reputable source to support these opinions?   I've used Fram in  most of my cars for decades without problem.   I have an 87 GMC Safari with about 190,000 miles.   Does not use oil and stays clean beyond 3,000 miles.   My experience with Fram is positive.
Also, I'd like to hear VV thoughts on the oil filter adapter made for corvairs that allows more common and less expensive filters to be used.
Jeff Stozek