<VV> help! Charging system dead!

Ray Rodriguez III grymm at echoes.net
Wed Oct 28 16:12:47 EDT 2009

Installed new alternator today (shop said the old one tested bad).
Installed new alternator and still not charging.  Jumped 12v to the F
terminal and got 18v or so at the battery.

Strangely the "fan/gen" light is still on at idle, but goes out with some
RPM even though I read no significant increase in voltage at the battery,
same at the alternator output terminal.

Ray Rodriguez III