<VV> busted head stud fix yup it IS possible!

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Wed Oct 28 19:52:07 EDT 2009

i have removed a few busted head studs , even a broken tap from blocks over
 the past.   i just blew them out with a cutting torch. takes balls ,  or a
darn good torch man , but believe me it works!  it beats tossing the
block. in fact the threads were still good enough to use without a  helicoil.
not sure why (real theory ) it works so well , but i saw it  demonstrated at a
seminar on torches at a body shop show a long time ago.
last time it was 3 broken mount bolts in a 65 FC 4 speed.
so find a GOOD torch guy and have at it.
somewhere i have pictures of one of my repairs....
regards, tim colson