<VV> Ignition switch saver (was:Strange battery / starter problem‏)

Daniel Monasterio dmonasterio at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 29 20:16:08 EDT 2009

   Several years ago, got the same problem on starting the engine, some times worked fine, some times didn't. When failed on starting thru the switch, I used the cranking button switch (custom installed) on the engine compartment with good results so, the problem was isolated to the OEM ignition switch and/or wiring. At disassembling the ignition switch I found worn Battery/Solenoid contacts. As I like to fix (read cheap) parts instead of buying new ones, filed and cleaned contacts and added a relay to lessen electrical current (and wear) passing thru those contacts. This way I've never bought a new ignition switch. It extends life on both new/used switches.

   I am attaching a drawing with the relay's wiring which works with concours vehicles as it is a plug & play device.Hope it passes as this is my first attachment to VVs.

Daniel Monasterio

Nuevo Windows 7: simplifica tus tareas cotidianas. Encuentra el equipo adecuado para ti.
http://windows.microsoft.com/shop