<VV> Clutch question

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Fri Oct 30 10:52:22 EDT 2009

Jim,

If I can't afford a new (professionally rebuilt) pressure plate I look
first at the bent spring fingers to see that they are all evenly spaced, that
the wear surfaces at the spring ends are on the same plane (same level--none
 higher or lower) AND that the ends all still have about the same amount of
metal  left at the wear surface where the throwout bearing engages them.

I also check for evidence of looseness around the rivets (or bolts) by
looking for bright red rust at these points which indicates some play at loose
points.

And I say a prayer.

Bob Hall