<VV> Clutch question

corvairduval at cox.net corvairduval at cox.net
Fri Oct 30 11:23:09 EDT 2009

And I do one additional step, literally. I place the plate on the floor,
fingers up, and place my heel on the fingers. I jump my weight onto my heel
and get a feel for how much force is needed to compress the spring. If you
do several plates at the same time, you get a feel for spring pressure. I
have found extremely light springs this way. Avoid them.

I have reused many pressure plates with good results.

If the machined surface is scored or blue, then resurfacing is needed. If
just a glaze, then I "DA" the surface lightly. I can hear the machinists
scoffing now.

Frank DuVal