<VV> LM Rear Antenna

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 1 11:23:58 EDT 2009

Brian,

As I recall, there is a specific length (maybe 38 inches?) for an FM antenna
and an "official" FM antenna would be made to that length and
non-collapsible.  It has something to do with matching the length of the FM
signal wave.  Someone into radios can probably explain that.

You can get satisfactory FM reception by using an "AM" collapsible antenna
and adjusting it to the FM length.  Now, if you are mounting in the rear,
you might be putting a "rake" to it?  I'm not sure how that affects the
length requirement.  Some "fine tuning" might be required.

Later, JR