<VV> 1961 Loadside update

James Reinhart jtreinhart at omnitelcom.com
Wed Sep 2 23:10:09 EDT 2009

All, IT IS ALIVE!!! My dad and I spent two weeks finishing
up the engine so we could drive the beast to Fire and Ice.
We put the power train in last Thursday afternoon and
fired her up Friday afternoon. We took it for a 24 mile
run to make sure it ran ok and didn't have any leaks, then
took off Saturday afternoon for Marshalltown. The truck
made it there and back with the only trouble being a very
slight fuel leak at the fuel filter inlet nut. Initial
fuel mileage looks to be about 20 MPG. Engine is a
modified 61 van block with a late model crank, .020 over
pisons, OT10 camshaft, 110HP heads with the head gskt.
step and the 9:1 compression hump removed. It has 65 carbs
on it with I believe no.52 jets. It may be a little rich.
I will check that out later. Other wise it runs like a
top. It is great to have a running FC again!! I enjoy it
almost as much as my 66 Convt.

Jamie