<VV> What has CORSA done for us?

Dave Thompson dave.thompson at verizon.net
Thu Sep 3 20:54:40 EDT 2009

I for one am unemployed; laid off after 27 years with a major telephone
system manufacturer. Due to the fact that telephone systems are inherently
reliable, in this economy, people are not purchasing new ones or upgrading.
This filters down to the installation companies. The telephone field is dry
right now as for jobs. At 52 years, I'm too old to start over with a new
carrier.

Living on unemployment has made a dramatic difference in my lifestyle.
However, I have chosen to spend what little "spare" money I have on what
will make my life enjoyable. To me, one of those things is my Corvair and
the "Corvair Crowd". As a member of Vintage Corsa of Southern California, I
feel that it is my duty to also support CORSA. After all, Vintage Corsa
would not be here if not for CORSA. I enjoy all the outings that we have
which would not happen if we had to come up with insurance.

To me, one tank of gas is worth keeping CORSA alive.

Just my opinion

Dave Thompson
Vintage Cords member
Editor, Vintage Times