<VV> CORSA and Virtual Vairs?

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Fri Sep 4 02:18:28 EDT 2009

In a message dated 9/3/2009 10:42:13 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
ronh at owt.com writes:

Where  does Virtual Vairs fit in here?  There must be a cost somewhere so
who's paying it?  It seems to me that CORSA must be backing it  somehow and
it's use should be available only to CORSA members for that  reason.
Certainly VV is a benefit for those who use it so there should be  no
problem
in having it a privilege for members only and a few more may  join CORSA
just
to get that privilege.
RonH

There is a cost. Corsa pays it. It is a user benefit, but as you  mention,
it is also a recruiting tool. And that is why it is not restricted to  Corsa
members. It is hoped that "understanding" possible members will see the
benefits of Virtual Vairs and join Corsa to help support it. (there will
always be free-loaders) There is some control over participation and  posting
privileges, but it is tied to participation etiquette, not to Corsa
membership - for now. There are other types of on-line participation that let  people
read posts, but not write to the group. Those require registration,
usually an easy self-directed effort, but I assume you could tie that to a  Corsa
membership. That would require a manual intervention, a lot of work on
someones' part. Not sure who would want that task.

As has been pointed out, many people are addicted to the "Free on the
Internet" mentality. That is fine for information, but it doesn't meld with the
"Club" atmosphere of Corsa and Virtual Vairs. Personally, I don't want to
see  Advertising supported E-mail from VV. I get plenty of that now. (Let  me
apologize in advance for the AOL crap at the bottom of my e-mails. I am
working on that.)

Seth  Emerson

C's the Day! - Corvair, Camaro,  Corvette