<VV> What has CORSA done for us

Arlette Carl arlettecarl at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 4 18:32:19 EDT 2009

Hi everyone,

I feel that I should add my views as a overseas international member of CORSA with respect to the discussion on the topic of "What has CORSA done for us?".

Living on the other side of world means that the primary benefit to me is receiving the monthly Communique magazine. I really look forward to this magazine, which I regard as simply outstanding and well above the monthly magazines that I receive from other car clubs both in the USA and here in Australia.

I don't see it so much as what has CORSA done for me, but perhaps more like what can I do to support CORSA? The very existence of CORSA probably has gone a long way to keeping the name CORVAIR alive and well.

As an international member, much of what appears in the Communique about local events is probably of little use to me, but in the end the magazine has to appeal to the majority of the members who are not international members.

CORSA is a club I am extremely proud to say I belong to and as its membership numbers reduce, which sadly I expect they will over the next 10-20 years then it's going to be increasingly important for those remaining members to provide even greater support. This will probably mean increased fees.

I appreciate that my understand from a US domestic member's point of view is probably difficult to understand from here in Australia, but I really don't understand this view that CORSA has do something for its members.

In the end, CORSA is nothing more or less than its membership and so long as CORSA exists it will get my full support in everyway that I can provide that support.

Regards to all from Australia

Carl L. Kelsen

1965 RHD Monza convertible

Eastern suburbs of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia