<VV> CORSA Membership

The Robbins therobbins82 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 13:57:11 EDT 2009

When I was on the BOD just a few years ago I found it pretty much automated,
there is the BOD mailing list which you read and respond too and maybe a
phone call here and there, people that are into it will be going to the
Convention so I agree with the cost part can add up but if people are going
anyway that's a wash. If you are trying to scare people away from running
and serving on the BOD it must be working since we don't have contested
races anymore. It isn't all consuming and take over your life, I was not an
officer , they have more on their plates but still it isn't bad as they can
delegate. Then of course there are the ones that do nothing other than vote
if that. Historically I heard it's always that way, you get maybe 50-75%
participation. Will it get to the point where the BOD is appointed because
there are no candidates, well time will tell on that. Let's not scare away
potential members from trying it, there could be a few out there on the
fence that would be really good but now think they will never see the light
of day again if they get on the BOD.

Joe Robbins