<VV> Corvair Myths and Facts

Jack Kean jkean at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 5 22:25:37 EDT 2009

I was working on my 68 Convertible one afternoon, and watched someone
stare at it for a few minutes before approaching me (I was diagnosing a
broken fuel pump in a circular driveway next to a city park). He asked
why I put a vent window on my 68 Camaro. I laughed, pointed to the
engine in the back and stated it was a Corvair. He stepped back and
repeated his question, except wondering when (and why) I put vent
windows on my 68 Corvair. Nothing I could do would convince him that all
Corvairs had vent windows. I've also had multiple people talk about
their old Corvair with the push button shifter.

Far be it from any long time owner to try to convince someone who's not
been around one for over 40 years.

Jack Kean