<VV> New Corsa member sort of.

Dave Hammelef davhammcar at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 5 23:08:03 EDT 2009

Hi all,

First a bit about me 42 yrs old. Had a computer since I bought my first one in 9th grade with my own paper route money. Before then played on the teletype machines at school. Use to dial into networks, before the Web really existed. Now technology has sped past me, I do have a facebook page, but never did a tweat.

I IM more than most my age, but have seen email go from no existent at work, to I don't know how to live without to know having IM. At work we talk about the different Generations and how they communicate. The young 25 - 35 yr old engineers rarely us the phone, they IM each other. 35 - 40 ish IM some email more, 45 and Up phone mostly,  some email and rarely IM.

I bought my Corvair back in Oct 2003. Why I wanted an inexpensive convertible. I joined Corsa, VV. But quickly I lost interested in the "Club" side... Never got much involved in DACC, National convention came through this area and I did not make it to it.

Now I am getting back interested in things Corvair. Been on Corvair Center for some time know.

I just joined Corsa more out of pity than anything else. I would NEVER send someone to the CORSA website its beyond sad. I have no idea what I will get from Corsa, I joined hoping in the future it will exist and be able to engage new younger (gee is 40 young) people into vairs.

My local chapter DACC, hasn't updated content on their site in like 5yrs. the most recent pics of homecoming are 2001 and 2002 AND they had the national convention. I did go to homecoming as a spectator this year, the people were friendly the cars were awesome. but since the website did not have much if any info, i was not sure what to expect. I could have called someone or emialed, but that takes time, I want the info when I want it.

My wife got me the Corsa membership as part of a Bday present - late aug. After logging on to the site, I found out about the t-shirt offer, and emailed. I got my t-shirt today. So far that is all we have recieved. No welcome letter / no nothing does CORSA do membership cards still?

As for VV wow really guys email server type forums are very very old school. Corsa needs to have a true Forum, or at least just have a link to Corvair Center and "adopt" it.

People today (ok kids 35 and younger) will pay for cool online things. Corsa could be making money off the website, and driving people to it. Instead the site discourages people, and if you use it some of the links (shops / and chapters) take you away from the corsa site, no way to get through the link without it closing the CORSA site.

Yes I have emailed and will be helping on the new site, I have started 2 threads on Corvair center about the new website, one to get volunteers the other for ideas.

Oddly enough I have also had people ask me (been a member of Corsa 2 weeksnow remember) what other areas does Corsa need volunteers for. Do you get it there are people out there who want to help, and don't know how to find out what help is needed. As far as I can tell there is no Volunteer section on the website.

I would consider running for the BOD but there is no way I could make the conventions and that seems to be a big thing.

Ok, I have rambled for more than enough here.

Is there any place online the BOD engages in communication with the rest of the members?

Dave Hammelef