<VV> For Chuck Sadek

FrankCB frankcb at aol.com
Sat Sep 5 23:18:54 EDT 2009

Hank,
     While I'm not exactly Polish (Lithuania borders on Poland) I get p.o'd at frequent references to those of Polish ancestry as being below the norm in intelligence and accomplishment.  So I remind people of Marie Sklowdoska who won TWO Nobel Prizes (chemistry and physics) for her accomplishments in scientific discovery.  Never heard of her??  She's usually known by her married name, Madam Curie!
     In 1939, as the Nazis were invading Poland and starting WW 2, at great risk, the valiant Polish underground managed to secure and smuggle out an German Enigma code machine and get it into the hands of the British who were subsequently able to decode Nazi secret messages and shorten the war by at least a full year!
     More recently, Lech Walesa leader of the Polish Solidarity together with the Polish Pope John Paul II helped our own Ronald Reagan work to secure the end of Russian Communism and send it to the "ash heap of history".
     So don't let them make fun of the Poles!!
     Frank Zalonis Burkhard