<VV> Hospitality room, was: Membership required

kenpepke at juno.com kenpepke at juno.com
Sun Sep 6 08:51:16 EDT 2009

Thank you Mark ... And many thanks for recognizing the & Co part.  Homecoming is not all about Ken [Pretty much all I do is shopping and schlep groceries :-) ]  It is a total team effort.  Still, Hospitality is the 'PUBLIC RELATIONS DEPT.' and CORSA would serve themselves well by recognizing it as such.

Mark, you are right about not criticizing any volunteer.  None of there activities would be possible without them.  You can bet they are doing the very best they can under the circumstances.  But when the National Convention comes to town there will be few with sufficient experience to think of and cover all the details.  Sure, CORSA provides guidelines for the car events but once done, they leave the local club[s] on their own.  It would be a simple matter for CORSA to include a requirement for a proper Hospitality room and supply a schedule and budget recommendations.  While they are at it, they should provide standards for women's activities.  Once CORSA builds a reputation that insures the 'forgotten third' of the attendees will be remembered lots more guys will have the support of there wives to attend.

OK, I sound like I am always being critical of CORSA but, it is not just to be critical.  Over they years I have made suggestions and comments with the hope of improving their performance.  I have gone so far as to send registered letters to the entire board.  I believe CORSA needs to survive.  I believe they could do a lot more to help themselves.  But, I do not understand why they are so unwilling to step up to the plate.  The DACC team offered much towards improvements but we could not convince CORSA to 'pick up the ball and run with it' :-(  Still, we keep trying.
Ken P

airvair at earthlink.net wrote:

And DACC (thanks, Ken & Co.!) set the standard for hospitality rooms, both
at that convention AND at their annual Homecoming in August. My question is
why can't the national convention always have a good hospitality room like
DACC? I hate to criticize, especially when most other things went right,
but the Jacksonville convention hospitality room offerings were pathetic. I
realize that those who worked it probably deserve our thanks (as any
volunteer richly does), and this is by no means a complaint against them.
But whomever arranged for the snacks (drinks excluded) should be
embarrassed.

But rather than concentrate on what was wrong with past convention(s), let
us concentrate on future ones. Maybe the convention planners should
consider this a challenge not to overlook and shortchange the hospitality
room, and try to make it a worthwhile place to go to get some refreshments
after a hard day's activities outside in the heat and away from readily
available food and snacks. So is the gang in Iowa up to the challenge?

-Mark