<VV> Forum Format

Wildman, Kenneth k-wildman at onu.edu
Mon Sep 7 09:18:17 EDT 2009

You seem a bit unrealistic.

Obviously you didn't read the rationale behind my comments.  Our cars have always had limited appeal.  That's the reality.  That's why they bring so little, comparatively, at auction.  Our cars are a diminishing resource. Fewer and fewer restorable models and a car-buying, collecting, population that favors muscle cars over "merely" unique cars.  That's reality.

Membership demographics show an increasing average age, not a decreasing average.  We are simply a niche group in the overall collector car hobby.  That's reality.

I think you'll find that most of us who have been in Corvairs for a long time are fiercely independent and more motivated by enjoying our cars and less motivated in satisfying someone with a "my way or I take the highway" approach.  There are good reasons to make some changes but it will take persuasion, and a mission plan - something that you haven't presented in a persuasive way.

If you are serious about persuading the membership then you will provide more to the discussion than criticism and demands.  You should provide more information about the advantages of the forum format and some links to the kinds of formats that you propose.

It's very possible that I am wrong but it's my perception that the majority of the membership is more interested in enjoying their cars than in marketing the club.  I don't think anyone has any firm data on which to base any re-direction.

Ken