<VV> Email format, was: New Corsa member sort of

craig nicol nicolcs at aol.com
Mon Sep 7 08:58:33 EDT 2009

Mark wrote:

My feelings on the Corvair Center vs Virtual Vairs is this. I don't go to

the Corvair Center, instead use VV for multiple reasons. Call me an old

fogie, but I hate the Corvair Center type of format. First, you don't get

it emailed directly to you, you have to go after it. Second, you have to

hunt for everything, and I don't have that much time to waste. And finally,

VV's email format is simple to use and cuts to the chase.

The teen and twenty-somethings can have all their techie, gee-whiz,

gingerbread sites. All that impresses me not. I'm not online to be dazzled.

I'm here to get info and to engage in any interesting thread that might

come up. The principle of "KISS" for me, please. The Corvair Center can

KISS off.

Craig replies:

The posting above astounds me. The Corvair Center is accessible from my
computer desktop in a SINGLE CLICK. What could be simpler than that?
Messages of the same thread stick together so I can read comment-response
all together; simple. When someone adds a new comment since my last visit
the thread is labeled "new" in red; simple. Replying to a thread or comment
requires a single click (no cutting, pasting, or snipping) - about 10x
simpler. Images are right with the message - no links to follow. Again, much
simpler than following a link to a separately posted photo at a photo site
as with VV.

IN ACTUAL FACT (FACT!!!) the entire CC experience is about 10x simpler than
VV; and it's more coherent than VV.  What could be simpler than a SINGLE
CLICK? In comparison, VV is like rummaging through a trash can. I go with
what is simpler and provides a better experience.

Craig Nicol