<VV> Forum format

craig nicol nicolcs at aol.com
Mon Sep 7 09:51:58 EDT 2009

Ken Wrote:

For the most part, we recognize

that the Corvair is an orphan model that will never be revived, that

there is a diminishing number of collectable vehicles, and that the club

is unlikely to grow.  We mostly hope that we can sustain the current

interest level, but accept that our numbers are more likely to dwindle

rather than increase.

Craig replies:

Great post, Ken. I agree, the forum format will definitely do a better job
of attracting new members. I snipped your paragraph above because it caused
me to think about what will happen as the currently grey Corvair owners
(like me) lose their leases on their Corvairs. One thing that comes to mind
is that most of us own multiple cars. I have 4 ½ for example. Four of them
are nice and are likely to continue that way. Will the release of all these
cars generate growth in the club? On the flip side, Corvair values are
already low and the market is thin. What will happen as the thin market is
flooded with our hordes? The solution (and part of CORSA’s charter) is to
ensure growth of the Corvair owner-base (preservation/conservatorship)and
the forum format is the way to do that in our current internet environment.

Craig Nicol