<VV> New Corsa member sort of.

Wildman, Kenneth k-wildman at onu.edu
Mon Sep 7 17:06:13 EDT 2009

Actually, there is a steering committee called Vair-org which developed
in the infancy of the list.  It is made up of a core of very
knowledgeable and dedicated volunteers.  I was a member in the early
days but I soon found that I wasn't knowledgeable enough to be useful.

Vair-org selects the "chairman" of VV.  The chairman is basically a
moderator to keep the list a calm place for discussion.  When that
started to fall apart as our membership grew, a subsidiary group
Vair-Talk was formed to carry all of the non-Corvair discussion.

It's a good system for a list that started it's life as a private list,
supported by Bryan and his employer (through allowing use of the company
system).  The group donated funds to purchase our own server and over
time CORSA accepted financial responsibility for the list.

I think the steering committee has always be responsive to group needs
and capable of determining what changes could be made within the
hardware limitations that we have.

Ken