<VV> Fitch, not to be confused with Finch

peter koehler pkoehler01 at atlanticbb.net
Mon Sep 7 19:35:39 EDT 2009

A minor point, but I would like to make it. The 904 Ventop
for the late model Corvair coupe was marketed by John
Fitch and Company of Lakeville, CT. and then later in
Falls Village, CT. Not Richard Finch, the author of "How
to keep your Corvair alive" and many other interesting
titles.

The Corvair Preservation Foundation is currently working
to restore the very last Corvair that John Fitch drove as
his "demo" for his company; a white and dark blue 1966
Corsa coupe with the fiberglass Ventop option. The car is
currently at the FrostVair garage in Sandusky, Ohio as
Jack and son Skip Frost are putting the finishing touches
on the car. The body and paint work was done to perfection
by Rick Twardzik, also of Sandusky, Ohio. We had a short
photo essay of this project on display at the Jacksonville
Convention. I am hoping to have the car complete in time
to take it out to Connecticut and have Mr. Fitch give it a
test drive and tell me that he approves of our restoration
of his last Corvair. - Pete Koehler - Project Manager for
the CPF Sprint Project