<VV> they know you are full of ____.WAS 10 Cylinder Impala

kenpepke at juno.com kenpepke at juno.com
Mon Sep 7 20:05:12 EDT 2009

OK, Frank ... We will do it your way.  I know I am going to amke
the occasional typo ... so I will stop typing.  It makes no sense
for me to share information from my GM Engineering experience
'back when' if the information shared is considered 'null and void'
because of my typo.  There is no gain for me in sharing so why
should I care if anyone believes ... or not?
Ken P

************************************

Frank DuVal <corvairduval at cox.net> wrote:

It is not a non-issue. If you want people to believe you.

As soon as a part of a story is not true, it leaves the rest of the
story open to be a falsehood. Such as the push button transmission
selector on a Corvair. As soon as a person mentions the push button
shifter, especially on the 4 cylinder model (!)  everything else out of
their mouth is suspect. So if you are discussing this 10 cylinder engine
with people who know Chevys, then as soon as you mention it was
installed in a 62 Caprice test car (or early 60s Caprice as 65 is mid
60s), they know you are full of ____. Hard to make them believe any of
the story after that!

Pete, thanks for the correction! But, let me add another part, Caprice
was introduced in the 65 model year.

Frank DuVal