<VV> Time Trials in Cedar Rapids

AeroNed at aol.com AeroNed at aol.com
Tue Sep 8 00:04:56 EDT 2009

Bob,

Thanks for correcting me in a much more gentle way than Brian would have
:^).

I'm looking forward to seeing the 2010 plans for NECC and hoping that I'll
have the economic ability to participate (due to job stability not event
costs).

Ned

In a message dated 9/7/2009 10:29:17 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
Vairtec at optonline.net writes:

I do not  know whether Brian will correct you, Ned, but I will!   <grin!>

At 10:59 PM 9/7/2009, AeroNed at aol.com  wrote:

>CORSA does not sanction this type of event because CORSA  does not
>have the insurance to cover it.

False.  The  insurance is available to any organization that wishes to
purchase  it.  That being said, the NECC, by virtue of sanctioning
multiple  events each year, gets a lower per-event insurance rate.

>NECC is  not an official CORSA chapter.

Semi-true.  The NECC (Northeast  Corvair Council) is not itself a
Chapter, but it is an association of  CORSA Chapters.  Because the
NECC is comprised of CORSA Chapters,  CORSA has been generous with its
support under the terms of the Chapter  Plan.

>They are experts in setting up and executing these TT events.  It is
>best to just not get in their way.

True.

> From  what I've seen, except for the Corvair Olympics, the TT in
>  conjunction with the convention is the biggest NECC event. I'm  sure
>Brian will correct me if I'm wrong.

Again, semi-true.   Participation and attendance appears to be
bolstered more by the  enthusiasm of participating members than
whether there is necessarily a  convention tie-in.  Scheduling,
geography, and other factors all  affect the size and success of a track
event.

>There are two road  course track reasonable close to Cedar Rapids,
>Mid America in Omaha  and Blackhawk Farms west of Chicago. NECC has
>used Blackhawk before,  so if I'd have to guess, they'll go there
>again. We'll just have to  see what the good folks at NECC come up with.

The NECC is already  looking at what-and-where for  2010.

>Ned

Bob