<VV> Off List

Jason Cesana jacesana1 at cox.net
Tue Sep 8 00:09:25 EDT 2009

Well Hank if they were members then why is CORSA in such a mess if they have
all the answers? The problems of CORSA did not happen overnight. It just so
happens that THIS board has been handed the reins of solving ALL the
problems that have been left unchecked for years. Can't stand it when past
BOD members call the current BOD spineless and indesicive when they did not
change the perceived problems. I can understand Bill's decision to resign as
is the reason I am on the bod as Dexter had to resign for family reasons. As
for Allen, if things were so good then I would suggest that he run again so
we may have the good times back. I do not think it was the work of one
individual that CORSA was in a good state. It was the work of ALL the
membership. I don't doubt ANY past members efforts I just can't stand it
when past members of the Bod take shots at current members because we don't
do things their way. There are better ways of doing things. Not ALL of this
Bod has been involved for years and are "corrupt" as someone mentioned.  As
for the what if's; if you don't be the devil's advocate then you are only
seeing one side of the issue. No you can't GOVERN by that but you can weigh
the pro's and con's by that. You have to because you don't have a crystal
ball (or do you and can you tell me what the powerball numbers will be this
week!) and you have to make the decision based on both sides. Am I saying
that making membership not mandatory is the right choice? No all I am saying
is that the decision was made not to do it 40 years ago and again more
recently. Perhaps that will change in the future but name calling and cheap
shots are not going to help the situation. I would rather have someone call
me or email me to have a ADULT and productive conversation than read in VV
that the BOD is spineless and corrupt. Will I have competition for my seat
next year? I actually hope so. It would mean that membership actually cares
to make a difference and is not just content to sit around and complain. As
for your donation and membership fee, it's your choice. I am not going to
beg you to stay or to donate the money to CORSA. I just hope you don't mind
being called a free loader when you don't join and continue in your local
chapter, or are you going to quit your chapter as well? I'm sure you're not
a freeloader but others on the side of mandatory membership may when you
don't renew; just so everyone is being called a freeloader equally. Jason