<VV> mandatory membership

The Bristows oabwdb at comcast.net
Tue Sep 8 01:57:33 EDT 2009

Folks, I must be really stupid?  How can requiring new members who understands up front when they join a local chapter they have to join Corsa going to scare them away.  Now to clarify this means that you can belong to as many chapters as you want but you have to be a member of Corsa.  If new potential members understands this up front what is the problem?   We are talking one meal for a couple at a medium price restaurant IE: Outback for a whole years membership.  Hello:  We are focusing to much on losing members rather than building a solid foundation for Corsa.  A table may stand on 3 legs but not 2.  I am not going to bash BOD members my intent was not to do so .  But you have to not focus on the 100 % requirement causing this mass exodus out of Corsa.  Wow we are acting like you have to go through hazing in a frat to join Corsa and new and non members can't handle it.  Back when I was president of our local chapter we lost very few members when we inacted the 100% rule.  Those that left really were not active any way.   Is there really that much hate for Corsa that by going this route we will have a revolt and form a second national club.  Saying we will loose members by reqiring 100% membership is negative.  Getting convesation started and taking action to solve this problem is not.  If people are belonging to a local chapter soley because of the friendships and not the Corvair they own IE: using the chapter soley as a social outlet then if they are real friends they would join Corsa for the better of the whole organization.   My gosh we are not going to start a civil war are we. Lets just disolve Corsa and become a chapter of The Late Great Chevy Club.  Betcha they would not allow non club members in our Corvair chapter.  My friends thats the fast highway we are headed down.  We can fight over magazines, fancy web pages and free tech guides are nice but in all reality they are costing alot of $ that could be recouped with an increase in revenue from 100% membership.  No body want's to give up a monthly comunique infavor of a bi monthly one.  Nobody want's to give up any benifits.  Well its time we do some self evaluation and make some tough decisions before we have to have another dues increase.  I am not mouthing off on the sideline just a Long Time Corsa member who is crushed to see his favorite car's national club slowly wither away. We should chat with the Pontiac Oakland Club,  Corvette Club,  Crosley Club,  Late Great Chevy's,  and Packard and they will all tell you the same.   Every past Bod member and Officers need a thanks they all had different challenges but this issue has been discussed in the past and needs to be on the front burner now.  Allen