<VV> manditory membership my final word

aeroned at aol.com aeroned at aol.com
Tue Sep 8 10:07:26 EDT 2009

Chuck,

You are quite correct, I swallowed the bait, hook line and sinker.

What really ticked me off was when Hank blanketed the board with the spineless claim. He has no idea what is going on with the board. Try getting 12 folks with their own idea of what is best for CORSA to agree on anything, little less something controversial. Just because the board decides to make a decision that some members don't like does not make us spineless. Any director that stands up for what he or she believes in is exactly the opposite in my book. That is something that I respect, even when I disagree with their position.

As far as this subject goes, the fact is that there have been calls for 100% membership. It is a?position that I actually support and have pushed. The biggest problem would be implementing such a?huge change. Does CORSA take away dues collection from the chapters??How would it be enforced at the local level? Say a long time non-CORSA member shows up at a local meeting or event. Would the local guys, who have been this guy's friend for years, turn him away?

OK, now I'm spitting out the bait and slumping over in the corner in a spineless director blob.

Ned