<VV> chapter size

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Tue Sep 8 17:34:27 EDT 2009

In a message dated 9/8/2009 1:15:37 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
Wayne.Stutts at comcast.net writes:

They  have proven a local club can exist without Corsa.  I'm sure some of
them  would like to be reinstated but what would you do if you had been
kicked out  because you were too small.

The smaller the local club, the easier it would be to exist without Corsa.
But there were a couple of specific requirements for starting a new
"Chartered"  chapter. One was a geographical distance from another  club, another
was the viability of a local chapter, as shown by a number of local  members.

One of the reasons for these requirements were to limit the effects when a
couple of people got pissed off at their local club, and wanted to strike
out  and form a competing chapter.  Believe me, it happened more than once -
human nature and Corvair Independence are powerful motivation. The intent
was to help local clubs be successful. More Corsa chapters have dropped into
 oblivion by virtue of going to Zero membership and never returning
inquiries,  than have been dropped for admitting that they are too small for the
rules. You  really need at least ten members to stand and scream or launch
balloons, or  set off fireworks at the National Convention Chapter Roll call
anyway! (Note to  NTCA, I am not advocating fireworks).

Seth Emerson

C's the Day! -  Corvair, Camaro, Corvette