<VV> Chapters "Existing without CORSA"

Bill Hubbell whubbell at cox.net
Tue Sep 8 21:40:18 EDT 2009

I keep hearing this comment that if we required 100% membership in CORSA
Chartered Chapters then some of the chapters would quit CORSA and exist "on
their own".  Sure, but they would still be receiving the hidden benefits of
CORSA's existence anyway.  So many tech articles, books, vendors, parts,
etc. would never have existed or achieved the success they have if CORSA had
never existed or been there to promote, encourage, and tie together the
hobby.  Instead of having a "Big Tent" where all interests can be promoted
and talents pooled to push the hobby forward we would have all these tiny
little clubs and scattered Special Interest groups.  Where would the Racing
Fund have come from without CORSA?  How about Tony Fiore's book, "The
Corvair Decade"?  Would there even be a Corvair Preservation Fund, museum
displays, Virtual Vairs, any 50th Anniversary events?

Of course, now that we have 40 years of CORSA preparation, let's all just
leave the club and strike out on our own.  We will still have all those
things because CORSA put them there.

Right.

Bill Hubbell