<VV> Grounding lights on earlies

Clark Hartzel chartzel at comcast.net
Wed Sep 9 16:48:47 EDT 2009

I fixed my grounding issues by removing the bulb and drilling a small
hole thru the joint between the bulb socket and the aluminum housing.
Then screw a stainless or brass screw into the hole thereby making a
positive ground between those two pieces.  Then drill a hole into the
housing itself and screw a ground wire from the back of the housing to
the chassis/body.  Treat your car as though it has a fiberglass body and
ground all the light sockets with ground wires.  I never have trusted
the clamps behind the light housings to cut thru all the dirt, rust and
undercoating.
Clark Hartzel